Pre-Purchase Used Car Inspection Cleveland
So you've been on the hunt for a used car, and now you're ready to buy. Congratulations! You picked one of the most significant investments that you will ever make. As with any big purchase, it's important to do your research before committing.
Some Things That Every Used Car Buyer Must Know Before They Hit "Buy" on the Next Vehicle.
- Do your research in advance. You should know the type of vehicle that you are looking for, what features it must have to meet your needs or wants, and how much you want to spend on a monthly payment. There's no way around doing some online research before coming into a dealership. It will save time and help narrow down potential options. This also includes figuring out exactly what year make/model car is best suited for your lifestyle- if newer cars run better with new technological innovations, then go this route!
- Stay focused on safety first (and second). Safety certifications such as airbags can cost extra money when buying used vehicles, so be sure to do some comparisons between similar models from different years while shopping online.
- Always trust your gut, but don't rely on it fully either. When you're physically in the same space with a car, take advantage of the fact that you can see how well it's been maintained and if there are any obvious signs of accidents or neglect from previous owners.
- Negotiate to find an agreeable price before signing anything! This is especially true when buying used vehicles because they have less value than new cars and dealerships will often inflate their prices to compensate for this lack of value. Remember- they need to sell more cars as much as you want one so make sure both parties get what they want out of the deal!
- Talk about features prior to purchase. Some things like airbags, antilock brakes, traction control, or a moonroof are not always included in the vehicle's safety features.
- Check for any recalls on specific models and make sure they've been taken care of before you buy! This is an unfortunate reality that car buyers face but it's important to remember this BEFORE signing anything- so take advantage of as much research as possible beforehand.
- If you're buying from someone who has had their own dealership license revoked, be cautious about how trustworthy they are with selling you the car- check references and talk to others who have bought cars off them if possible!
Click the button below to get started scheduling your vehicle inspection
I am a mobile mechanic at Cleveland Best Mobile Mechanic, and as an expert in used car inspection, it is my job to make sure that consumers are getting the best possible deal for their money.
When you buy a used car, it's hard to tell if there are any problems with the vehicle without taking it apart piece by piece. That's why you need an expert like me to inspect your next used car before buying it!